Shirah Migration Inc. (“Shirah”) is a technology service provider that specializes in Canadian relocation and settlement services.
we collect, use, and protect your personal information across our website, applications, and other services. Our goal is to handle your
data with transparency and fairness while offering you an exceptional user experience. If you have any questions or concerns about this
policy, please contact us at [insert email address].
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect and process your personal information when you interact with our website, applications, and other services. Specifically:
- We collect the personal information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as your name, email address, preferences, and more. We use updates for various purposes, such as creating your account, delivering customized services, sending relevant updates, and improving your user experience.
- In addition to the personal information that you voluntarily provide to us, we also automatically collect technical data, such as your IP address, your browser type, and your device type. This helps us to optimize the compatibility between our platforms and your devices and to improve our services based on usage patterns.
What categories of personal information do we collect?
Shirah collects and processes various types of personal information to deliver our services to you in the best manner. These include:
- Contact Information: This includes your name, email address, and phone number, which we use for communication and account management.
- Demographic Information: This may include your age, gender, nationality, and language preferences, which we use to customize your experience and improve our service delivery.
- Financial Information: This includes your bank account details, credit/debit card numbers, and other financial data, which we process and store securely to facilitate transactions and payments for our services.
- Technical Information: We automatically collect data such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, and device type to ensure the optimal functionality and security of our platform.
- Usage Information: This includes how you interact with our platform, such as the pages you visit and the actions you take. We use this data mainly for analytics and user experience improvement purposes.
How do we use your personal information
At Shirah Migration Inc, we use your personal information for various purposes. We do this in compliance with data protection laws, such as the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) of Alberta, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the European Union, and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA):
- Service Delivery: We use your personal information to provide you with a smooth service in relocation and settlement. This includes fulfilling your service requests, completing the transactions, and communicating effectively with you and our teams. Our goal is to offer you a customized and efficient experience.
- Platform Optimization: By collecting and analyzing user data, we improve the features of our platform, aiming for a better user experience that meets your needs.
- Marketing Outreach: With your consent, we send you updates and promotional material that match your interests and preferences. You can opt out of these communications at any time.
- Customer Support: We use your data to provide you with timely and accurate customer service. This includes answering your questions and providing real-time help to improve your customer experience.
- Regulatory Compliance: We process and store your personal information in compliance with relevant and applicable regulatory standards, such as PIPA, GDPR, and CCPA. This also includes meeting accounting obligations and undergoing regular audits to ensure data integrity.
- Strategic Planning: We use aggregated and anonymized data for organizational planning and resource allocation, helping us identify trends and make data-driven decisions.
- Security Monitoring: We use the technical data you provide for our regular security audits and risk assessments, which are essential for protecting your personal information from unauthorized access or data breaches.
Custody of personal information
Shirah uses strong security practices to store and protect your personal information. Your data is securely stored on encrypted servers, protected by best-in-class firewalls and comprehensive security protocols:
- Access Control: Access to your personal information is strictly limited to staff who have received specialized training in data security and privacy protection. These authorized staff members are required to follow our strict confidentiality and data handling policies.
- Digital Security: We regularly update our security measures to use advanced encryption algorithms and other technologies. These updates are meant to prevent and address potential security vulnerabilities.
- Data Backups: We keep regular backups of your personal information to ensure resilience and data durability against accidental loss, system failures, or malicious threats.
- Data Retention: In compliance with our data retention policies, your personal information is stored only for the time necessary to provide the services and obligations for which it was collected, or as required by relevant regulatory standards.
- Data Disposal: After the data retention period ends, we use secure data disposal methods, consistent with industry best practices and regulatory standards like PIPA, GDPR, and CCPA. These methods are designed to either permanently delete or de-identify your personal information, preventing further use or disclosure.
Sharing and transferring of information
We share your personal information only when necessary for providing our services or as required by applicable laws, and always in compliance with data protection legislation, such as PIPA, GDPR, and CCPA. The types of third parties with whom we may share your information include:
- Service Providers: We work with trusted service providers who help us in specialized areas such as data analytics, payment processing, and customer service. These partnerships are regulated by data protection agreements to ensure your data is handled securely and in accordance with relevant laws.
- Marketing Partners: We only share information with selected marketing partners when it helps us improve our outreach activities, and only after getting your consent. Each of these partners must follow strict data protection standards.
- Legal and Safety Obligations: In some situations, we may have to share your personal information for legal reasons. This could be for reasons such as complying with a court order or ensuring user safety.
We carefully evaluate our third-party partners and sub-processors to confirm they follow high data protection standards. We set up data processing agreements that include strict security requirements. These agreements are regularly monitored and updated to ensure ongoing compliance with privacy best practices and are further supported by periodic audits and compliance checks.
How we secure your personal information
We prioritize the safety of your Personal Information through:
- Encryption: All data transfers are encrypted to prevent unauthorized access.
- Access Control: Access to your Personal Information is limited to authorized personnel who require it for service delivery.
- Security Training: Employees receive regular training in data security best practices.
We employ cookies and similar tracking technologies to enhance your user experience on our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device, enabling us to remember your preferences and settings during your visit. For detailed information about cookies and how they work, please visit allaboutcookies.org.
Types of Cookies
Session Cookies: These are temporary cookies that are deleted from your device once you close your web browser. They help with navigational functions, keeping track of your movement from page to page so you don't get asked for the same information you've already provided during your visit to our website.
Persistent Cookies: These cookies remain on your device even after you've closed your web browser, allowing us to remember your preferences and settings for future visits. They are activated each time you revisit our website and can remain on your computer for a predetermined period or until manually deleted.
Third-Party Cookies: These cookies are installed by third parties like advertisers or analytics providers and are used to track your activities across different websites.
Functional Cookies: These cookies enable enhanced functionality and personalization, such as video and live chat functionalities. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our website.
Performance and Analytics Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use our website, such as which pages are viewed most often, in order to improve overall site performance and user experience.
Advertising or Targeting Cookies: These cookies are set by our advertising partners and are used to build a profile of your interests and display relevant advertisements on other websites.
You have the option to manage, delete, or disable cookies through your web browser settings. Please be aware that modifying these settings may affect the functionality of certain features on our website. Below are general steps to manage cookies for some of the most commonly used web browsers:
Open Chrome and click on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner to open the menu.
Scroll down to "Privacy and security" and click on "Cookies and other site data."
Here, you can choose to enable or disable cookies or select specific types of cookies you wish to manage.
Open Edge and click on the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner.
Scroll down to "Cookies and site permissions" and click on "Manage and delete cookies and site data."
Here, you can choose to block or allow cookies or manage cookies for specific websites.
Open Firefox and click on the menu button represented by three horizontal lines in the upper right corner.
Click on "Privacy & Security" in the left sidebar.
Under the "Cookies and Site Data" section, you can choose to enable or disable cookies or manage data for specific websites.
Other Tracking Mechanisms
Graphic Pixels or Pixel Tags: In addition to cookies, we use graphic pixels or pixel tags to help manage our online advertising and monitor the effectiveness of our online activities. These tiny graphics are embedded invisibly on web pages or in emails and work in conjunction with cookies to collect data. They're used to track user activities, such as how many users have visited specific pages on the site, or how many times an email has been opened.
How They Work: Graphic pixels work in tandem with cookies, often serving to trigger them or to read data from them. For instance, when you visit a page containing a pixel, the pixel may place a cookie on your device or read a cookie that's already there. This enables us to measure the engagement and effectiveness of advertising or email campaigns.
Types of Graphic Pixels
- Retargeting Pixels: Used to show targeted ads to users who have previously visited our website.
- Conversion Pixels: Used to track conversions from ads, such as purchases or sign-ups, helping us understand the ROI of our advertising campaigns.
- Tracking Pixels in Emails: Used to monitor the performance of email campaigns by tracking who opened the email and clicked on links.
Similar to cookies, most web browsers offer options to disable these tracking technologies. These options can typically be found in the privacy settings of your web browser. For emails, users often have the option to disable images, which would prevent pixels from being loaded.
We retain your Personal Information as long as necessary to deliver our services or as mandated by law. Once no longer needed, we securely delete or anonymize your data.
Jurisdiction & governing law
PIPEDA is Canada's federal private-sector privacy law, which sets out the ground rules for how businesses must handle personal information in the course of commercial activity. While PIPEDA applies across Canada, the law recognizes that provinces may have their own legislation, as Alberta does with PIPA, which can be deemed substantially similar.
Therefore, as a company headquartered in Alberta but operating nationwide and internationally, we are committed to respecting both PIPA and PIPEDA, ensuring your personal information is treated with the utmost respect and protection.
Additional terms for EEA and UK Customers
For users accessing our services from the European Economic Area (EEA) or the United Kingdom (UK), the following terms apply:
Lawful Basis for Processing: Our lawful basis for processing Personal Information in the EEA and UK includes contract performance, legal obligation compliance, and where applicable, your consent. Processing may also be based on our legitimate interests, provided your rights and interests are not overridden.
Data Transfers: SHIRAH, headquartered in Alberta, Canada, may transfer your Personal Information outside the EEA and UK for processing. All such transfers are compliant with applicable data protection laws and carry adequate safeguards to protect your Personal Information.
Data Subject Rights: If you are an EEA or UK resident, you hold certain rights under the data protection laws. These include the right to access, rectify, erase, restrict processing, or object to the processing of your Personal Information. Contact our Data Protection Officer to exercise these rights.
Data Controller: For EEA and UK individuals, SHIRAH is the data controller responsible for your Personal Information in line with data protection laws.
Your data protection rights
You have rights concerning the Personal Information we hold, including the right to access, correct, delete, or transfer your data, and to object to our data processing. Reach out to our Data Protection Officer to exercise these rights.
Contact our Data Protection Officer
For inquiries about this policy or our privacy practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.